Information about how we process the data we collect about you, and your rights.
The information that we collect
Personal data means any information relating to you as an identifiable person, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier. We process various information about you, depending on your relationship with us:
- If you have registered for our newsletter, we process your e-mail address. If you are a producer, we also process the name of your company, your name and your contact details.
- If you order stickers, we process your name, company, address details, e-mail address and phone number.
- If you order packaging manuals, we process your company, name, e-mail address and phone number.
- If you are a contact person for, or an employee of, one of our suppliers, we process your name and contact details and communicate with you to the extent required to administer the working relationship with our supplier (depending on content, this communication may also include personal data).
- If you are a contact person for, or an employee of, one of our customers, we process your name and contact details and communicate with you to the extent required to administer the working relationship with our customer (depending on content, this communication may also include personal data).
In addition to the above, we may also process the data you have provided us when contacting one of our employees or our Service Center. We then process your contact details and any information related to your case.
How we use personal data
We use the data described above in order to run our business and provide our services. In connection with these activities, we use personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer a working relationship with our suppliers, and with you as our customer, by:
- Handling matters that you submit to our Customer Service.
- Fulfilling our contractual and other legal obligations to you, or achieving compliance with laws, court orders or regulatory requirements.
- Communicating with you, if you are the contact person for one of our customers or suppliers, in order to fulfill our contractual obligations with our customer or supplier and to administer a working relationship with you. This includes communication regarding deliveries (including delivery notifications and contact), payment processing and so forth. We will also process your contact details to enable future business relationships and in order to send relevant information.
- To send you relevant or requested information, and to market our services.
Information and marketing
In order to send you the most relevant information possible, we process your personal data to:
- Send you communication, marketing and newsletters (if you have registered for our newsletter). When we send you marketing via e-mail, you can always opt out of certain types of marketing by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every e-mail.
We protect your data
We only share your information with others where it is it necessary for us to provide our services.
The companies with whom we share your data may only process your personal data in accordance with our specific instructions. We ensure a high level of protection for your personal data by having contracts in place. We may also disclose your data to companies that provide us with services (such as providers of IT services or systems) where it is necessary for them to provide their service.
We may also disclose personal data in the event of a business transaction (such as the merging of our company with another company) or with authorities, for example, for the purposes of satisfying any legal or compliance requirements.
We store your personal data only for as long as is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you or for other necessary purposes, such as compliance with our legal obligations or for settling disputes.
Since these needs may vary for types of data and different contexts, retention periods may vary. The time limits for deleting data are mainly determined by the sensitivity of the data. The more sensitive the data, the shorter the retention period.
Svenska Förpackningsinsamlingen AB is the data controller.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)